Friday, May 15, 2009

Venti's Taplist

How long has it been since I did a normal taplist update???

Happy Friday - it's sunny! Have some beer!

Upstairs
empty
Weed Golden Ale
Ft. George Sunrise Oatmeal Pale Ale
New Old Lompoc Strong Draft (LSD)

Downstairs
Rainier
Ft. George Vortex IPA
one of the California Cider Company Ciders
Ninkasi Oatis Oatmeal Stout

Tried Widmer Drifter "Original" Pale Ale again. I had it on draft shortly after release, and again from bottle recently. I was attracted to the grapefruit - the citrusy and floral side of hops. I don't like piney, woody, resiny hopping. Drinking beer should not be like chewing on toothpicks or licking lumber. But it's not quite there. Drifter is a little too sweet for me. It's not exactly candied, but it's not crisp enough, not balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment